While 2019 comes to a close we reflect back on the work we have done in the area of Suicide Prevention, Mental Health awareness and education as well as recovery programs. According to H. Jack Miller Gelt Financial, LLC’s founder while I am proud of the work we have done, we have so much more to do and we are focused on expanding our efforts and commitment in this area.
Suicide Prevention – Gelt Financial
• We trained over 400 people in 16 locations including Los Angeles, California, Miami, Florida, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and Brooklyn, New York.
• The majority of the population trained were high school or college-aged students.
• We also trained a portion of medical health professionals, mental health professionals, clergy, and first responders.
• 90% of our training population had been directly affected by suicide in the past 12 months. Many of those participants were able to use the safeTALK steps with struggling members of their community, family, or friends, within two weeks of participating in the workshop.
• Our training population was able to refer their friends, family, or community members struggling with thoughts of suicide to local resources that helped keep them safe.
Very sadly, this is affecting all communities, families, races, income levels, there is not a segment of society that’s not affected and hurt by this. While this problem does not have an easy or clear solution, and it hard to talk about, we all must try to solve this crisis. We are focusing on increasing our efforts, commitment and hopefully results in this area. This affects millions of people annually and we simply must try to help, said Gelt Founder Jack Miller.
We owe a very special thanks to Leigh Hershkovich who is leading these efforts for us. She is a very special lady and we are so lucky to be a player in this wonderful team.
Here are some hero’s who have taken part in our workshops.